Saturday, August 31, 2019

Bindweed ๐ŸŽ• Colusa National Wildlife Refuge ๐ŸŽ• Northern California Wildflowers

During our visit to the Colusa National Wildlife Refuge, we saw so many wonderful wildflowers growing along the auto tour route!

wildflower photography and identification

This is Field Bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis), also known as perennial morning glory, smallflowered morning glory, creeping jenny, and possession vine.

When I first started taking photos of wildflowers, I swore my camera was out to make things difficult. I couldn't get the macro setting to work and my flowers kept coming out blurry. Turns out, it wasn't my camera's fault, but the operator (me!). I've learned that I actually need to take the photo from further back and zoom in and it comes out crystal clear, rather than trying to get as close as possible and struggling with getting it to focus.

Photography, just like everything else is a learning process. You learn about yourself and more about how to use your equipment until it becomes a joy to do...






No comments:

Post a Comment