Sunday, November 24, 2019

Blue Wildflowers ๐ŸŽ• Northern California

Whenever I see a blue wildflower, I have to admit I get a little bit giddy and a whole lot happy! Here are a few of my favorites...


This Chicory (Cichorium intybus) looks purple next to the other flowers in this post, but I swear it's blue when you see it with your own two eyes out in nature! I've been lucky to spot Chicory on the way to Lassen VNP and at the Sutter NWR.


These next two flowers are Stickseed, but I've had a heck of a time trying to determine which kind. They can be found in Lassen VNP in early July and look a lot like Forget-me-nots! Gosh, they're a pretty sight when you're hiking down (or up!) a trail.



I think I'm saving the best for last with Baby Blue Eyes (Nemophila menziesii). This photo is from Ten Mile Beach in Fort Bragg, CA and I can't wait to go back again in early-May to see them again!


Well, unfortunately there aren't a lot of blue wildflowers. Or at least I haven't come across that many yet anyway. I think that's what makes them that much more beautiful and fun to photograph.

What color flower makes you excited to pull over and snap some photos? If you're anything like me, it doesn't really matter. I brake for all wildflowers!




No comments:

Post a Comment