Sunday, November 3, 2019

White Wildflowers ๐ŸŽ• Northern California

The color white represents all sorts of different virtues and attributes, along with new beginnings. So, to kick off the month of November, I'm posting a few of my favorite white wildflowers...


I think this Barestem Buckwheat (Eriogonum nudum) is too cute with its little pink doo-dads growing from its flowers. (Lily Pond Trail, Lassen VNP, Mid-August)


Oh, how I love you, happy little daisies growing along the road in Shingletown! (Mid-June)


Maybe I like this Saxifrage because of its fun name, or maybe I just like what a cool-looking flower it is. Either way, Saxifrage is on my short-list of favorites! (Mt. Harkness hiking trail, Lassen VNP, Mid-July)


And the Marsh Marigold we spotted growing along Hat Creek on the Paradise Meadow hiking trail rounds out the list of my favorite white wildflowers. (Early-July)


Why, oh why do I make myself choose favorites? I know I'm leaving some out! Oh well, which white wildflowers are your favorite--or do you love them all like I do?



No comments:

Post a Comment