Sunday, November 10, 2019

Pink Wildflowers ๐ŸŽ• Northern California

Pink wildflowers make me happy. Then again, all wildflowers make me happy. But, for the sake of today's post, I'm choosing a few of my favorite pinks...


I think this Sweet Pea growing alongside the road in Mineral is, well, sweet. Anytime I can spot wildflowers on my way to a different location to see wildflowers is okay by me! (Late-June)


This Laurel was also growing on the side of the road, but inside Lassen Volcanic National Park instead. (Late-June)


I think this Fireweed we spotted on the Kings Creek Falls trail has one of the coolest names and is pretty darn spectacular as far as flowers go. (Lassen VNP, Late-August)


Lastly, this Sacramento Waxydogbane is on the list not only because of its beauty, but because of its location. It was growing next to the firelookout tower at the top of Mount Harkness. (Lassen VNP, Early-July)


So, it turns out there are quite a few different varieties of pink wildflowers growing in and around Lassen Volcanic National Park. I know I'm leaving off tons of pink favorites, but I'll get around to posting them all eventually!

How about you? Do you see any of your favorites on this list?



No comments:

Post a Comment